CHILD BEHAVIOUR & PARENTING
Rebecca works with children and teenagers with emotional, behavioural and developmental issues including:
- Anxiety (Phobias and Fears, General Anxiety, Separation Anxiety, OCD, Night Terrors)
- Adjustment difficulties (e.g. following parental separation and divorce, changing schools, moving cities, losing a family member)
- Behavioural problems (tantrums, aggression, acting out)
- Grief and Loss
- Low Mood or Confidence issues
- Social/Peer Relationship difficulties
- Toileting issues (bedwetting, constipation/holding on, soiling, toilet anxiety)
- Behavioural Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Practice
- Sand Tray/Sand Play Therapy
Being a parent of children at any stage has its challenges, though certainly toddlers and teenagers are widely accepted as the most challenging of ages. As children grow emotionally, intellectually and physically, their parenting needs shift and change.
Rebecca provides parents with a range of skills for managing childhood difficulties across developmental ages and stages, or for supporting children and teenagers who are struggling with social or emotional challenges of their own. Skills are based primarily on Behavioural Therapy principles but also integrate an understanding of Attachment Psychology and Social Learning Theory including understanding how parents’ own experiences of being raised directly influences their own parenting practices.
Click the links to view & purchase the book on The Book Depository.
Parents, Teens and Boundaries
The following books are fairly comprehensive, involving discussions of research and neuroscience in relationship to child development.
Parenting from the Inside Out
Daniel Siegel & Mary Hartzell